Blackthorn51's final words.

Go down

Blackthorn51's final words.

Post  BlackThorn51 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:06 pm

In all me years on this world, never would I have thought that I was special or chosen beyond a mere hunter. Since leaving the realm of horrors, I've been experiencing regular blackouts. Me mates inform me that I was possessed by an angel called Vadriel, who was wearing my meat suit to the prom. I didn't believe it. I refused to believe it. After all - why me?

Then the Arcadians started stepping out of line and started assalting my people on our home front in the werehouse here in South Boston. I remember standing in the demolitions room when the storm hit. I was attempting to recreate a ritual that an Arcanist I once knew had performed, when I heard the taunting laughter of the children of Arcadia. All went black and yet, not at all. I lost control over my limbs and organs. I could see myself moving. Could hear a muffled voice coming from my lips, but it was not my own. I could do nothing to stop it. In the midst of this storm, I was led to the rooftop with GoArmy85 and Rock187 in tow. There I began performing a ritual that I did not understand and still I could not control myself. The words rang out clear as day this time "I am an angel of the lord."

I shouted and screamed in protest but the words did not come. I used every ounce of energy I had to run, but my legs would not function. In horror, I watched the seven chilren appear on the rooftop of our werehouse. I listened as they argued with the angel wearing my skin. I watched as the angel tried to strike out at them and I watched as they vanished from sight. As the children lept from the rooftop, my vision once again went black.

Last edited by BlackThorn51 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlackThorn51

Back to top Go down

Re: Blackthorn51's final words.

Post  BlackThorn51 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:16 pm

I came to in the passenger seat of Rock's Escalade. We were on the road approaching a very familiar park. The very park where Rock187, Law62, Deklin, Collin, Balthazar and myself waged war with an army of undead being controlled by the demon Tezreal. It was storming outside of the Escalade. It seemed as if a wall of wind and rain was between our company and whatever was inside the park. Nerd14, Fence15, GoArmy85 and Rock187 were all present and were all arguing over what to do next. I looked at Rock. At the man that had become my closest friend. I then stepped out of the escalade and into the storm.

When I passed the barrier, I saw an ever familiar sight. A circle of arcadians chanting around one very tall individual with golden eyes. I knew this individual rather well. It was the fucking "Angel" from the realm I created. The one we thought we killed. With all the conviction I could muster I aimed my blessed Colt at the would-be angel and fired. Five gold bullets covered in a latent magical glow crashed into the freak, but it simply shrugged them off. I fired again and again. Nothing.

The Arcadian children noticed my presense and began throwing spells at me. I dodged the first and second before Rock and the others came crashing through the Barrier with guns drawn. We all fired on the Angel, on the Arcadians and on anything else that moved in that park. It was fucking chaos. I reloaded the Colt and pulled the trigger to fire another round into the freak but I was quickly halted by an explosion in my hands. Looking down at my blood-soaked hands - I saw the Colt. Broken. Smoking. Useless! The Colt ... The blessed gun given to me by the Were-Dragon Balthazar. A fire arm that could wound anything from Demons to Angels to Undead to Shapeshifters, was now broken and lost to me. I looked up from the broken Colt in time to see one of the Arcadians throw a curse in my direction. Before I had time to react, vines began quickly sprouting out of the ground holding me fast and securly in my place. I thought I was truely fucked...
BlackThorn51

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackThorn51 on Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:22 pm

I could hear the gunshots, the screams and the thunderous explosions all around me, but the vines were too thick to see through. I felt a scrap across my chest and looked down to see a knife sticking through the vines. Someone was trying to cut me out! I screamed into the head-set but hearing it over the battle would be difficult at best. After several long moments, I could see the vines falling away and GoArmy85 standing in front of me. She shouted something and ducked quickly. In the following instant I was struck with what felt like a blast of pure cold. Like being punched in the face by winter. Luckily, I was able to use the pain to fuel my escape from the vines. I was free to move once more.

Looking around I could see my Broken Colt on the ground next to one of my Desert Eagles. To my left, Nerd was hiding behind a tree apparently crying. To my right, Fence was firing his .44 at the Arcadians. On the ground next to him was The Templar, Tecton laying in a bloody heap of gore. Looking behind me, I saw Rock with Hector's sword in hand trying to beat the freak in hand to hand combat. The freak slashed at him, but Rock used all of his energy to force the creature back on it's heels. He looked at me admist the chaos and for the first time in a long time, it seemed like we might have a chance. I let it all go in that instant. Everything. The deaths of Theresa, Law, Deklin, Tecton, Calen and all of the other's who have fallen. I let go the children I mistakenly killed, the buildings I've blown up, all of my many accomplishments both good and bad. All of it.

Once more I lost control of my limbs. I could hear a howling cry of rage from my lips in a voice that was again not my own. From my back, Vadriel drew the Silver short swords and used my body as the vessle for his anger. We charged the angel as one and struck it in the chest with as much power as we possibly could. Our sword was true and in a blinding flash of white light - it was all over.

On the ground where the angel had been was a corpse and the charred imprint of wings onto the ground. I looked around at my companions and as our gazes met we were all astonished. Floating above us was ... me! Well, more or less it was Vadriel but he still looked exactly like me aside from the huge white wings on his back. It seems I was no longer possessed! Fuck me, I - he - we - really were an Angel! He spoke to us in a booming voice. "You've done well my children. You've proven yourselves to time and history. You've taken your rightful places as the defenders of this realm. A job well done. Fairwell my friends and remember I will always be watching." And with that he was gone.

Another white flash of light passed and as it did - we all found ourselves standing in the werehouse. I looked to Rock who looked back at me. "Well Blackthorn, I have some coke to sell." and he left. I knew it would be the last time I saw my friend. This feeling was confirmed an hour later when he sent me a message over the radio. "Well my friend, this is it. I've got something I must do and I am afraid I won't be coming back from this one. Take care of yourself. Goodbye." He said to me. I knew where he was going. Rock187 was leaving this world and this life behind. It was time I did the same.

In this, I leave you my final words that those who take up the torch after I am gone will know what has come before them. By the time you read them, I will have left this world for good. Beyond the umbra and the spirit realm.

My name is Brian Casey. More than a Hunter of the Heralds. I am a Messenger. I am he who grants all of you hunters your gifts and curses. I am the light and dark of the realm. Both alive and dead and yet neither. The ascended spirit of South Boston. I am all that is good. I am all that is evil. I am Blackthorn51.

....Enjoy your Werehouse....
BlackThorn51

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down