The Night My Life Changed

Go down

The Night My Life Changed

Post  Jenna45 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:37 pm

Day One: Month One:

My day started as any other. I'm a school teacher in Cleveland, Ohio, and like any day I go to school and then I stop at my favorite diner on Euklid Avenue. While I was waiting for my food, I noticed that something was wrong with the couple sitting at a booth to my right. For some reason, I just knew that the man was going to kill his date after dinner. I can't explain it, but for some reason I knew it was going to happen. A waitress approached them and asked if they were ready to order. The man told her she didn't have anything he was interested in eating and then his date ordered her meal. From my table, I watched the woman eat her food and then I looked to my own menu. The words on it had changed before my very eyes! "It Hungers" the menu said and I knew it was talking about the man sitting at the other table.

After they ate, they wasted no time in leaving (and skipping out on the bill). I believe the woman may have been intoxicated, because she staggered as if she'd had one too many. When they left, I quietly made my way outside to watch them further. They hadn't noticed me.

The two entered the bar across the street. It was just after 8 PM and the bar crowd was rather small. I waited outside around the side of the bar, because my curiosity could not be contained at this point. About twenty minutes later, I heard gun shots from inside the bar and shortly after, the man came running out holding his shoulder. He came right toward me, shoving me out of his way and running down the alley. A large black man and an equally large construction worker-type man darted out after him. The alley all three had run down was a dead end. I followed, terrified as I may have been.

When I arrived at the end of the alley, I saw the man for what he was for the first time. His skin was deteriorating and he looked like he had been dead for years already. He was strong. Very strong. Even with the gun shot wound, he threw the construction worker a good fifteen feet. The three of us were imbued that night. The large black man some how severed the creature's head with a pencil he had in his pocket. We've decided to stick together to try to figure out what is happening to us.

Life will never be the same.
Jenna45

Back to top Go down