I hope you read this.....

Go down

I hope you read this.....

Post  Shepard179 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:33 pm

My name is Shepard. I have been a cop is south boston for 25 years. I don't know when things started going all 'wrong' here. But they did. I set this Journal up to be posted upon my death. In the hopes that the Information to be gleaned from it might help a hunter in future generations. It's been a rough ride. But I would like to think that my death will eventually help those in need.

I know the night I found out things weren't as they seem. I was working a midnight shift when a call came in about a cop killer. All available unit's responded. We broke into a ware house and found a group of people, some no older than 14. I watched as the police and men I had shared cars with over my years beat, slaughtered and murdered these people. There was no killer there. Except the men in uniform. I saw as their faces became the monsters their souls truly were. Evil beast twisted by damnation and death. This was killing for pleasure. That's when I started this journal. I was horrified by that night. The spectacle of slaughter, I was frozen in fear, what could I do against all that. For my fear, I was left with no weapons to fight them. I should have done something then, I didn't. So I do it now.

No secret that in Boston, the cops don't always do the 'right' thing. They do what's best for them. The crime families have lots of ties to old world blood. Lineage's traced back to the European monsters of legend. The Irish have ties to old world Garou, and other spirit creatures. The Italians are mostly ruled by fangs. They have been in their own feud here in this city for some time. I only came to realize that some of the Echelons of the police have been tainted by the vampires. My own captain, and the Chief of police. Some of the beat cops are living dead men. God the smell is overpowering sometimes. I don't show what I am. I am ashamed. A coward, is this the life of a cop? Slinking and pretending to serve?

About four months ago, something changed here. I didn't understand at first, but all of the sudden we were getting sent on calls, setting up raids, on Irish owned businesses, warehouses. Even sometimes, just pulling over key people and leaning them for details. I saw a Man captured and tortured. A hunter. I helped him escape. It was the least I could do. The Vampires are trying to get to something, they keep calling it 'Liberation'. I don't know what that means. Something to do with a new boss that turned up. Asking questions about families in the area. This guy is creepy, when he talks its as if all the hair on your body stands on edge. He invokes fear with a glance. There were a few shootouts, involving Irish gangs and mobs, Italian gun runners, and the like.

Then HE showed up. I though the first guy gave me the heebie-jeebies. This guy made him look like strawberry shortcake. I have never spoken with the new Boss. I only hear his order through three of four people. But I know one day he will give me an order I can't follow. Then they will know what I am. Until then I hide.

The moontouched are against this 'Liberation' in every way they can be. I guess the key to this thing lies in the history or the wolves. But the moonbeasts are as guarded with their secrets as the vampires with theirs. I don't know what is good, and what is evil anymore. I have saved the lives of hunters and were-wolves alike. I have even spared a vampire or two. I don't kill. I am so afriad that if I pick the wrong side, it will all come crashing down.

I'll leave here what solid information I can.
Several of the Italian families have started kidnapping civilians at random it seems. Shipping them to one place or another until no one can keep track of them, then spiriting them away for what I can only assume is slave or food sources. Of the Families in town, the Cavelli's, the Destolino's, the Ciandeva's, and the Tricatti's are the leaders fro the Italian side. They Irish have no real leading families. But rather it seems that when Irish law goes out. From anywhere, it is followed.

Places to be wary of, most of the Union labor is Irish or Italian and well mixed in with their midnight activities. Also, The Cafe's that are owned by the Italians, most are front for more nefarious things. Of them, there are 4 major ones. One of them is called Crystals, another is called, Top Cafe, A Taste Of Italy, and Mamma's. The Irish pub's and eateries to watch out for, BlackThorne Pub, The Iron Shamrock, Cheiftan's Lodge, Something Wilde, Silver Stool, and Breagh's Place. Also South Boston funeral Homes, Brandy and Lawdir. As well as Cope and Cowell. Are Irish Mob, and maybe more deeply entwined in the midnight activities.

There are some New Catholic Order churches that are friendly to hunters. They are marked by symbols we should all know from 'the word'. But be leery of these places. Some of them with treat you as a heretic if they find reason to, or if they just want an excuse to lean on you. Force you to work for them rather than for the Messengers. Most of the old catholic order churches have sanctuary in place. But some of them have extended that sanctuary over all the warring factions, not just us.

I have also come to be aware of the presence of Mage's and Arcanist's in the boston area. Their motives and meeting places however, are not known to me. The faery types, the goblins, the brownies, the wilders, and changlings. Also seem to not have a side. But they do gather. Usually under a full moon, and usually in one of the vista's or parks in the bay. Sometimes they look like children dancing in circles. You know they have been there if you see a ring of mushrooms or flowers where yesterday there was none.

This Liberation, has become the center of the efforts of the corrupted, and thusly, the non-corrupted parts of the police force. It seems that this is not a legal freedom, but something even bigger. The Vampires seem to think that if they can make this come to pass, ALL EARTH, and not just south boston will be their plaything. I can only pray that this will not come to pass. I do know that the Wolves are dead set against it, I have seen a wolf take his own life, rather than divulge what he knew. It is sure that they know something, more than what the Vampires know. But the Wolves are loosing their grip on this city. I don't know haw they are going to maintain control. The Vampires spread their influence and control everyday. I fear they will win.

I now realize how the Wolves plan to maintain order. Martial law has been declared in South Boston. The reservists called up to take on this action are made up heavily in part by the tribe members of the local packs. It would seem things have come to a standstill now. Although I don't know what will come next, the city seems balanced on a knifes edge and ready to break.

It has come to my attention that a new group of hunters is here in the city. I don't know what they are up to, but I intend to find out. Maybe they need a friend...

Shepard179

Back to top Go down

Re: I hope you read this.....

Post  Bookworm55 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:39 pm

I don't know anything about this 'Liberation'. I'll look into it and see what I can find. Might be code for something else.
Bookworm55

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackThorn51 on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:34 pm

This post sent chills up my spine. I was not present when Shepard died, but I was informed that it was his actions that saved Teresa and Rock from the police at Crystal's Cafe. His cruiser, uniform and badge were all in our were house until we left to intercept the silver shipment. Now they are all over the street in a ball of fire and steel, as with our Humvee and several other supplies. Fucking wolves...
BlackThorn51

Back to top Go down

Post  SilentSphinx3472 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:00 am

I have been gniwollof you for the last week. I knew Shepard well. I will not meet you. I don't know what I know that can help. However I feel I can help uoy somehow, gnihtemos si telling me that much......

SilentSphinx3472

Back to top Go down

Post  Law62 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:21 am

Sphinx, I apollogize for the delayed response. I'm very interested in your assistance in any way, Shepard was like a brother to me, as you can see he was my partner, so a friend of his is a friend of mine.
If there is anything you need, please contact me.

Law62

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down