Welcome to Hunter-Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Us and Them

Go down

Us and Them Empty Us and Them

Post  Bookworm55 Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:21 pm

I've followed the discussion of rots with some interest. In particular, I'm concerned with what our theories about their nature say about us. Like Doctor119, I'm hesitant to jump to the most obvious and facile conclusion -- that rots, invisibles and flickers are "demons," "devils" and "evil spirits" -- while we have been selected by "angels" to combat them. On the other hand, the good Doctor's explanations leave some unanswered questions. The disease hypothesis explains the rots, but does it explain the chosen? Perhaps their powers come from a benevolent infection. Where did we get ours? A different infection is a possibility, I suppose -- but then, who's patient zero? Even given the rapid mutation and genetic transmission factors involved with prokaryote cells, the imbuing phenomenon seems far too speedy. Perhaps one capability, or a couple, but over a dozen have been reported on this list alone. Furthermore, people seem to be getting imbued all over the world. If it was an infection, one would expect it to start at some epicenter and spread outward. Another theory I've heard is that these powers are innate psycic legacies of humankind 00 its just that we've only recently begun to throw off the rot-cell-imposed shackles that kept these powers in check. Again, however, I have to ask -- why now? Why everywhere all at once? No, the prevalence, suddenness and variety of the effect argues for an outside source. This isn't something we did: Something was done to us. On one level, the question of "Why" has an obvious answer -- the reasoning from use shows us that we were given these powers to contend with the rots, flickers and invisibles. But let's look, for a moment, at a deeper why. Why do the messengers want us to act? What's their agenda? I'll grant that some of the creatures we've seen are clearly dangerous and inimical to humanity -- but others seem completely innocuous. Sure, seen with second sight they appear menacing and repugnant. But just remember that that may be more a reflection of the Messenger' agenda than of those beings' true nature.
Bookworm55
Bookworm55

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum