Welcome to Hunter-Net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Known Beast: Rots

4 posters

Go down

Known Beast: Rots Empty Known Beast: Rots

Post  Doctor119 Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:01 am

Known Beast: Rots Zombie1n.th

Description: Rots appear to normal and ordinary sight. They are visible and tangible. They seem far less common than invisibles, about as common as flickers. Rots are generally pale: Even Negro rots have a pallor around their lips and the palms of their hands. To second sight, these beings appear as decomposing, walking corpses. Many of the rots I have seen were further infused with some kind of black aura -- as if they had oil instead of blood coursing through their veins. Some of them had very little of this inky plasma; others were almost completely covered. Only a minority was completely free of it.

Activities: With the exception of the "unstained" rots, the rots I have observed are strictly nocturnal. They come from a wide variety of social levels, ranging from several who appear to be quite rich, to others who seem to live a marginal, "outlaw" lifestyle. They appear to be primarily urban, and on two occasions I have observed them feeding on human beings. This feeding takes the form of drinking blood -- in one case from the neck, in the other from the large artery along the inside of the thigh.

Threats: I have attempted to capture one of these creatures, but have not yet succeeded. After my second attempt, they have seemed wary of me, which leads me to suspect that they are in communication with each other either through some sort of group consciousness or by more mundane means. They are preternaturally fast. One of them exhibited physical strength far beyond the normal levels for a woman of her size, but others seemed to have more "normal" physical attributes. One was able to generate some sort of "Pyschic screen" which shielded him. Only through the use of second sight was I able to locate him.

Vulnerabilities: While I have not had the leisure for a full experimentation, I have observed that rots are extremely robust. While they can be struck and harmed by bullets, knives and blunt weapons, they seem far more resistant to such trauma than humans. In my last encounter, a group of several of them were driven off by a makeshift firebomb --indeed one of the fleeing rots seemed deeply panicked by the sight of the flames. If the germ theory (see below) is correct, this might explain why fire frightens them more than an impact injury that can only harm small portions of their host bodies.

Theories: Obviously these creatures are the source of the persistent "vampire myths" in many cultures. That does not, however, tell us much about their nature. One possibility is that a biological agent causes "Vampirism." After all, you and I are nothing more than a collection of eukaryote cells. Any change to our body has a result on a cellular level, and therefore a cellular invader could have drastic effects on our body.

A man named Waves Forest has posited the idea that prokaryote cells have evolved telepathic communication. They are thus able to coordinate their activities -- just as the cells which compose your body coordinate their activities through the electrical impulses of the nervous system. It's well known that the most successful disease is that which does not kill its host, but only parasitizes it, or even helps the host. Suppose there was a disease that infused its host with paranormal speed and resistance to damage? However, why stop there? This illness if it became sophisticated enough, could influence or even control the behavior of its host.

Perhaps this is the explanation for rots. Perhaps this disease is dormant in some living humans and only becomes dominant after death. Once a badly infected person dies, his or her immune system shuts down. The robust "rot cell" grows unchecked, invades the entire body, repairs the fatal damage and takes over. Even the brain cells -- the memory of the dead person -- can be accessed. Certainly the brain influences the behavior of the new, infected corpse.

The germ theory can explain the blood drinking. In addition to being an easily digested source of nourishment, human blood is full of other germs. All prokaryote cells are able to exchange genetic code in order to acquire new abilities and immunities. By draining the blood from other humans, the "rot cells" can gain new immunities.

Last edited by Doctor119 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doctor119
Doctor119

Back to top Go down

Known Beast: Rots Empty the botum line

Post  frog 66 Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:09 am

if u see a rot pick up a bick and smash that fucking head in
dont play games dont wast time and if u get infekted blow your head of
if u know its a rot but thay look 4 the most part normal
get your frends and tale tha fuck u might b suprized what u find
the un dead have info and work 4 the higher powers
lets face it hard 2 find a job win u r dead

a pleas 4 fuck sake dont hunt alone we r out thare just look us up

ps: my runs r not 4 the week dont call me if u have a rot next dore

hells bontyhunter
frog66
frog 66
frog 66

Back to top Go down

Known Beast: Rots Empty Re: Known Beast: Rots

Post  Potter116 Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:12 pm

Right. Don't hunt alone, but don't call you if we need help? Your quite contradictory.

No, don't call Frog if you have trouble. Call people who will help you without leveling the entire city-block.
Potter116
Potter116

Back to top Go down

Known Beast: Rots Empty sorrey

Post  frog 66 Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:18 pm

i only play with the big boys
hears sume crans draw me a pic of what the mean man looked like
hahahahhhaahahhahahahhahahhah

i seen shit that wuld mack u shit your pants
ware your depens if u cant hold it in i smeel your shit frume hear

dont mack me find u and drag your azz 2 hell

frog66
frog 66
frog 66

Back to top Go down

Post  Witness1 Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:21 pm

This is your last warning Frog66. Your posting are counter productive to what we are trying to accomplish. Please cease the spam and insults to your fellow hunters.
Witness1
Witness1
Admin

https://hunter-net.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum